Have you ever looked
at a struggle, goal, or dream you keep stumbling on over and over again
from an obscure position? Maybe…but probably not.
So why don’t we shift? Especially when we hit a place it seems we can’t get through?
A new perspective runs the whole show differently.
It seems foreign, totally topsy turvy, no subtitles. At first glance we turn away to the familiar.
We need to get used to a different scene, a different feeling, a different dialog.
I urge you. Stay put. Let the lights dim. Accommodate. Don’t bee line out during the preview.
It’s a lot like hitting the shores to sunbathe. As a veteran, you know how to move your towel to catch the rays as sun arcs the sky.
This gives you the perfect even tan.
Perspective is like sunbathing.
It’s also like picking the right shoe to strut your stuff without distress.
Let’s say you and I go out for the day to sight see. There’s no doubt as you get dressed which shoes you’ll choose.
No blisters. No aching feet. No misery that prohibits walking. You’re going easiest on the soles.
You’d never make it through a hike in your 9 inch stilettos? Obscene. Objection. Ouch!
No cushion, no support, no good, no good, no good…not a fit for this adventure.
No need to be shy. Greet perspective eye to eye.
As easily as knowing the shoes you’ll pick or tanning with the suns path in the sky, open the door of your minds eye.
Be a detective; explore a shifted perspective.
Mindful Food for thought.
- Desire for Freedom
- Bound Breaking Vision
- Visionary Glasses
- Water for Fluidity
- With a curious mind
- Consider where in life you want more space, more freedom?
- Make a list or just choose one (for now)
- Take a few deep breaths
- Close your eyes
- Get the feeling of where you're held back or want more space and freedom.
- Open an imaginary door or brush off the edge to get beyond the end or boundary.
- Open your mind to capture glimpses of what could be...
- What could be?
- What does it look like beyond where you usually stop?
- Take as long as you need to explore.
- It's useful to write/journal/color/mind map or creatively put to paper your process exploring.
- Perspective is a most useful tool for travel to get your ideas and feelings in line with the life you want to live in the way you want to live it.
- Feel free to modify the recipe to suit you.
- Doc Rona